Learn my child percussion … and play in melitzazz!
The festival melitzazz offers free lessons to children, with the aim of creating child batucada percussion band melitzazz 2014.
In three two-hour lessons young percussionists will learn the secrets of Brazilian percussion and initiated in the rhythm, teamwork and cooperation. Then, they will form a batucada percussion band, which will be combined with the artists of Brazilian dances and will present its work at the festival! Teacher and mentor: Vasilis Liosis, pioneer in Brazilian percussion and the way of teaching in Greece.
Details of participation:
- The lessons are aimed for children aged between 6-12 years.
- The lessons are free, like all festival events.
- 40 children will be selected in order of priority registration.
- The 3 classes will take place at Fabrika, Thursday, Friday and Saturday at 19:00.
- Children will present their work at the festival! The aim is, after Saturday class, to do a batucada parade and participate in the event of Brazilian dances, at 21:00, on 25th March Square.
Register for free, by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org or through the contact page. Write us your child’s name, age and a phone number. Please consider that it would be good for the children that will be selected not to give up, so the band for the Saturday show will be formed.
The result might be something like this, in samba rythm:
or like this, in sinte rythm: