Parnonas Flora Center of Leonidio

On Wednesday 5 July at 9:00 the Parnonas Information Center will open its doors by displaying three documentary films in the protected area of Parnonas Ecological Park, which were implemented by the Management Authority of Parnonas and Mustos wetlands. The “Leonidio Information Center  Flora of Mount Parnon” was one of the four information infrastructures of the…

Rousali Residence-1864

The “indigo home” of Leonidio dominates in the fringes of red rock. It was built in 1864, and behind the iconostasis in the wall there is the inscription “KETS 1864”.It is not a typical mansion that you can find in Leonidio but the way it was built still makes it a part of traditional architecture. It…

Panagia, Mitropoli

Thi  cathedral [early 19th century] has preserved the woode  iconostasis of the Cathedral in Prastos which Prastiotes brought with them in order to save them from invasion of Ibrahim in 1826.The temploes images are masterpieces of 17th and 18th century.…

Church Agia Kyriaki

Agia Kyriaki the greatest and the oldest of the churches was built in the 18th century, with the image of John the Baptist in the temple, which was painted by George the Cretan.…

Elementary School of Leonidio

The history of the school begins on October 4th in 1905 at the office of  the notary Constantine D. Bekyrou and in the presence of the witnesses John Elias the physician, Evangelos Antoniou Rozakis the  lawyer, Theodore D. Goulenou the lawyer where a donation of aland was made by the Gymnastics Association “The Leonidion” from Municipality…

Steam-powered rollers

In 1914, the Greek Government had ordered 10 steam rollers from AVELING & PORTER a factory from Kent, England. Around 1930-1932 a large barge arrived in port of Plaka carring a rather unsual steamroller as it was only 8 tons. It had an emblem of the horse of Kent, which was later used by Enzio…

The Three Windmills

They rise as sleepless guards above the Leonidio at the “Prouzano” location, which is ideal for their operation  ..They are probably dating back from the 18th century and they are monuments of Greek architectural heritage and integral elements of the landscape.The first and the second  have been constructed in the 18th century, and the third in…

Rousali Shop

Many decades back the Rousali family from Prastos owned the store. The first license belongs to Kosmas Univ. Rousalis in 1874 but  the shop have been operating much before  there is no exact date. Back then you could shop all types of textiles ,oil, flour, beverages, grocery items. From generation to generation it was finally…

Pharmacy Kontoleon

The first pharmacy in Leonidio, Arcadia was founded in April 1876 by Nicholas Karamanos.…

Blacksmith Nikolouli

Three generations of craftsmen, grandfather Kyriakos N. Nikolouli,  his son Christos K. Nikolouli and now his grandson Kyriakos Ch. Nikolouli are producing with passion all kinds of households: gutters, containers, pots, pans trays, rattles and much more….…