Ioanna Filandra was born in Athens. She studied at the School of Fine Arts at the University of Coventry (Coventry University of Art & Design) in England, specializing in painting. She is member of the “Graduate School Union of Fine Arts” and “Union of Art Teachers”. Since 2005 she engaged in the field of art education and in addition to ceramic art and iconography. Her paintings belong to private collections.
In the last painting work deals with the person and the landscape in different variations from light to dark, while she is using different materials (tar, oil, synthetic resins, elastomer emulsions – rubber).
She has taken part in group exhibitions:
• Graham Sutherland Building, Coventry (2002)
• Lancaster Gallery, London (2003)
• «Artspace Apollo» Regional Unity of Piraeus to the report of the Art Teachers Union (2010)
• Nafplio Palace on student pottery report of Politimis Bilionas (2013)
• «Pieces of Heaven» Castle Bourtzi, Karystos (2011)
• «High and Low» Tower Tsikalioti, Leonidio (2013)
• «Routes» Tower Tsikalioti, Leonidio (2014)
- Facebook: ioanna.filandra